Denise Goldberg's blog

Red rocks & fabulous formations
Explorations near Moab, 2001 & 2002

Monday, April 29, 2002

It's fun to share

It was a good few days, and it was fun to share this area with a friend.

Time to head out... Bruce was planning to ride his bike to his plane, which is parked at Moab's little airport about 10 to 15 miles north of town. I offered to drop him off on my way out of town, and he took me up on that offer. We had a leisurely breakfast, then loaded up the car with all of our gear. My bike was packed in its case, ready for travel by commercial jet. Bruce's bike was just folded into a soft bag since he was going to put it in the back seat of his plane - no need to pack it into a case. I dropped him off then headed back to Grand Junction to catch my own flight home. My return trip was much smoother than last year's - everything was on time, and my bike and I even arrived in Boston on the same flight. Amazing...

We talked a lot about our plans for long rides in the summer. I was still trying to decide on a destination, and Bruce had already decided that he was heading to Norway to ride. Little did I know at the time of our conversations that in less than two weeks I would be laid off from my job. Footloose and fancy free, and about to have the time for the ride of my dreams.